Friday 12 October 2012

4. Nothing can prepare you to being a mum

There are lots of books, antenatal classes, TV shows such as Supernanny and plenty of information online. Believe me, I did almost all of these and thought I was prepared. 
I felt like I was full of knowledge, but nothing in this world can prepare you enough to being a mother. That's not a bad thing though.
The unconditional love, looking at your baby for the first time, bonding as a family with your husband, all of these can't be described. Add some exhaustion from sleepless nights and it all seems magical and surreal. And it is. 
It changes you as a human being, makes you a better person, less selfish. After all, your world isn't about you anymore. 
There are bumps in the road but it all pays off. Anything for your child's smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment