Wednesday 10 October 2012

2. You can't plan your labor

When my midwife told me to do a birth plan, I was a bit surprised. 
I get the idea of deciding beforehand if you want pain relief or not, if your partner will cut the umbilical cord and if you desire to wait a bit longer for it to be cut or not. 
I suppose with the pain of the contractions a woman can't decide much at the last minute, so thinking before will make it easier. 
I didn't have any specific requests, so I didn't prepare one. And my midwife understood me. She actually said that the best plan is to keep your mind open to different options. You can't control how your labor will be. And how right she was!
Initially I wanted to use the birth pool at the hospital, but ended up having a c-section. 
All that matters in the end is to have a healthy baby in our arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment